Healing Ministry is an energy-based approach to healing which influences the energy field around each person. Changes in this energy field can be experienced on a physical, mental, emotional, or spiritual level. The goal of Healing Ministry is to restore balance and harmony and assist the person to move to wholeness/healing, using the body’s own healing powers. It is non-invasive and effective as well as gentle and natural. Healing Ministry is used to promote relaxation, reduce pain, manage stress, speed healing of tissues and bone, strengthen the immune system, and increase a sense of well-being. Healing Ministry does not cure a problem or illness. Healing Ministry is a complement to traditional approaches, but is not a substitute for medical care.
What you can expect in a Healing Ministry session:
● You will meet and talk with the person(s) doing the healing. The healer(s) will then explain what they plan to do and answer any questions you may have.
● Healing Ministry is done with you fully clothed and sitting in a chair or lying on a padded table.
● The healer(s) will move their hands above your body in gentle motions. If you are comfortable with touch and have given your permission, light touch may be used.
● During the session, you may simply relax and be open to the healing.
● A session can be stopped at any time by either participant.
● A session usually lasts 30-45 minutes.
● After the session, you may want to ask more questions or reflect on the experience. It is beneficial to drink water and rest following a session.
● Healing continues after the session is over.
Why a Healing Ministry?
Jesus modeled a healing ministry and instructed his disciples to teach and to heal.
The mission of a Healing Ministry is to:
Reach out to those in need of healing in body, mind, and/or spirit.
Anyone can act as a healing presence, if that is their intention. A Healing Ministry within the Christian community is an expression of love and compassion for those who are in need of healing of any kind.
Healing Ministry is accountable to the Pastoral Care Team of the congregation. Persons in this ministry have completed one or more courses in energy healing from a qualified instructor, and have offered healing ministry for many years. They offer healing sessions to members of the congregation and community. Healing sessions are conducted with respect for a person’s physical, emotional, mental, and spiritual self. Confidentiality is honoured by all healers.
For more information, contact the church office at 204-832-1000 or email@example.com. Your name and contact information will be passed on to Healing Ministry, who will be in contact directly to schedule your session at a mutually agreeable time.